This blog is dedicated to those esoteric activities directly or indirectly related to miniature gaming, boardgaming and Euro-gaming.


Saturday, October 18, 2014

Weathering experiments - pushing the limits on two 'old Russian dogs of war'.

I found these 1/100 T-35 and KV2 Zvezda models in my FLGS and couldn't resist.

Having been inspired (or perhaps possessed!) after reading the chipping and rust sections of Mig Jiminez' FAQ2, I wanted to try out some of these ideas in 15mm scale.

Yes so these are a bit over the top, but my 'story' behind these old and rusty behemoths is that they are survivors, grognards, aged soldiers - and they look their age!!

These models are literally a snap to put together, I spent less than 15 minutes each getting them built ready for undercoating. The only additions I made was scoring on the side skirts of the T-35.

I really enjoyed trying some new techniques here, and will refine them for the future - although I have another T-35 undercoated who will get similar treatment!

Let me know if you have any questions about techniques and products. Thanks to the FAQ2 book, HeresyBrush and ThePaintingClinic for ideas and inspiration.















 

Both together ...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment